The Falcons is a team participating in the RoboCup Middle Size League (MSL) of autonomous soccer playing robots. All ~30 team members are ASML employees, who share the same passion. We develop the hardware, software and tools all within our team. ASML provides facilities and budget for parts, but the hours we spend are not counted as working hours.
We have our own facility in Veldhoven at De Locht (10 minutes from the main campus). Here we meet multiple evenings per week to design, improve and further develop our robots, and have the possibility to practice with the robots on our own soccer field. We regularly organize a practice match against the VDL-RobotSports team to check our progress and identify areas where we can improve further.
Typically we play two international tournaments per year; Our ultimate goal is to become world champion in the MSL!
Based on our current performance, we are developing a completely new hardware platform from scratch, have radically changed our Vision system and are improving our software to be more flexible and robust. To meet these challenges, we are looking for a Mechanical Designer
Mechanical Designer Description
- Create new solutions to improve the current Mechanical Design of the robots
- Provide Form Fit Functional replacement solutions for EOL parts
- Act as the Mechanical Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team
- Together with the Electrical Designer, design for serviceability
- Freedom to try out new design solutions
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the Software and System’s group.
- Define, document and maintain designs of the electrical modules and electrical infrastructure.
- Transfer knowledge to other team members
- Knowledge of TeamCenter and Siemens NX is a Must
The Falcons is a fun team working on complex, autonomous robots. We do not have a formal, “ASML-like” organization in place; we are all volunteers doing this as our hobby. This gives our members a lot of freedom, but also a lot of responsibility: when the match starts, the robots need to be ready to win!
Therefore we are looking for people that:
- Are employed by ASML Fix or N1 Flex
- Can make themselves available for at least 1 evening per week
- Can work independently and are self-driven
- Like to work on technical hobby projects in their spare time